Wednesday 6 February 2008

Just what Britain needs .......another Lawyer

I suppose that as a proud middle class parent I should be delighted that my daughter wants to be a lawyer (Well it was that or Merchant Banker, or her third choice City Dealer). However I can't help but sometimes think that Lawyers are to blame for quite a few of the world's ills. I remember watching a program (fictional) about young Lawyers in London a few years ago. One character got very depressed about a case she lost and how the law had failed to bring justice and protect her innocent client.

A slightly older lawyer looked at her in amazement and asked if she really believed the law existed to protect the innocent and bring justice into society? Get real he said "The law exists to make sure the rich get richer" he then added "and I personally intend to ensure I am one of the rich"

No comments:

Post a Comment