Saturday 22 November 2008

Local Government Secrecy....PART 2

Update....

Following the refusal by Democratic Services to release to me the report and cabinet minutes relating to the review of Senior Management Posts within Hartlepool Council, I have escalated the issue direct to the Chief Solicitor.

I asked him to please confirm why, under the Constitution of Hartlepool Council, these papers are being withheld from an elected member such as myself?

His justification for refusing to allow me access to the report and minutes is that they are "exempt" under Para 2 (namely, information which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual) under Schedule 12A of the Local Government, Act 1972, as amended. The same is covered under the Council's Constitution under Part 4 - Rules of Procedure paragraph 13.

I am preparing my response! I have not yet begun to fight!

1 comment:

  1. As they are fond of saying to other people - "what have they got to hide"

    ReplyDelete