Wednesday 1 October 2008

I'm a Liberal Democrat

During my recent holiday I watched a bit more TV than I usually do, including a few episodes of "The Weakest Link" For those who don't watch it the program is a quiz hosted by Anne Robinson.

The start has the contestants introducing themselves, typically "Hello, my name is Stephen, I'm 48 years old, a Management Consultant from Hartlepool"

I was half watching the TV when i heard something along the lines of "Hello, my name is Tarquin, I'm 35 years old and a Liberal Democrat" Anne Robinson is usually fairly acid tongued but even she was a bit taken aback by this. "Why are you a Liberal Democrat" was the obvious question and Anne duly asked it. The answer "because I support their policies" seemed like a reasonable response until Anne probed a bit further by asking a trick question and asking Tarquin to say which Liberal Democrat Policies he liked. "All of them?" was his rather weak response and Anne sensed blood in the water and wen for the kill by demanding he actually named one specific Liberal Democrat Policy he actually supported. Que was for some waffle about the environment and fair society. Basically he didn't have a clue!

Typical Liberal Democrat, don't actually admit to belief in anything, never actually announce a policy or you might have to defend your position. I know Liberal Democrats who are Euro-sceptic! When you explain that the Lib-Dims are the most pro-EU of all our political parties it comes as a huge surprise to them. Lets face it, most lib-dims are members of the party because they are not Labour or Tory supporters. Lib-dem policy is whatever they think the person they are talking to wants to hear! If you don't like what they are saying then let them know and they'll change their position.

No comments:

Post a Comment