Thursday 19 March 2009

Feet First

I had my picture in the Hartlepool Mail Today. That's me sat in the treatment chair having my feet looked at. OK, it wasn't really my picture in the Mail but Sandra's. She recently treated her 500th patient and had a little write up in the Mail "Women in Business" Section

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/business-update/Feet-first-for-Sandra.5079839.jp


A former nurse who became a chiropodist is celebrating after treating her 500th patient since qualifying as a mature student. Hartlepool woman Sandra Allison owns Fetching Feet Chiropody, which is located in the Arches, in Park Road.

The 49-year-old qualified as a podiatrist in the summer of 2007 after completing a three year degree course at New College Durham.

Fetching Feet Chiropody provides treatment for corns, callus, verruca, sports injuries and foot problems. Before moving into chiropody Sandra spent more than 20 years as a nurse after completing her training at the former Cameron Hospital in Hartlepool. As a qualified nurse the mum-of-two is also able to administer local aesthetics and to carry out nail surgery and treatment of in-growing toe nails.

Sandra, said: "I became a nurse because I wanted to work with patients, but nursing was less and less of that and more and more filling in paperwork. As a chiropodist I get to treat patients every day. It gives me a great feeling when someone tells me they feel like they are walking on air after I've treated their foot problem. That's what it's all about for me and every patient is an individual to Fetching Feet Chiropody."

She added: "The first visit will always be a comprehensive assessment of the general condition and well being of the patient's feet and lower leg," added Sandra, who also carries out home visits.

"Assessment takes about one hour and concludes with an individual treatment plan unique to that patient."

The Arches surgery is open every day except Sundays and Wednesdays, is open on Saturdays until noon. Early morning appointments can be arranged before 9am and one night a week the surgery is open until 7.30pm. Telephone Sandra Allison 01429 232526 for an appointment.

By Chris Cordner

No comments:

Post a Comment