Thursday, 18 March 2010

Secrecy Rules!

FW: Freedom of Information Request
Thursday, 18 March, 2010 8:55:37
From: Hayley Martin
To: Steve Allison External
Cc:Freedomofinformation ; Peter Devlin ; Alison Lilley External

Dear Sirs

Further to your repeated request I write to advise that my decision set out in the refusal notice sent to you on the 1 March applies. A copy is set out below:

Further to your request I can advise as follows:

Under the terms of the Constitution ALL 'pink paper' reports submitted to Executive decision making meetings (Cabinet, Executive Portfolios, Executive Committees, such as Grants Committee, and any joint Portfolio meetings) are sent to the Chair of Overview and Scrutiny. Therefore, any exempt item listed on an Executive Agenda was sent to the Chair of Scrutiny Coordinating Committee at the same time it was sent to the Executive Member(s).

All the agendas for Executive meetings can be found on the Council's website by following the 'Meetings and Minutes' link on the homepage. If we were to continue to produce a list of Exempt Executive Reports we would use the same process - albeit by looking at the internal system and the original Agenda Word documents.

Although your initial request was complied with I am unable to continue to provide the information. As well as the costs implications set out previously, a public authority is not required to 'create' documents under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 where you are able to access the information elsewhere (section 21).

I can only reiterate that the information you request is already available via the HBC website for you to access and compile a list yourself.

If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your original request and should be sent to Alyson Carman, Chief Executives Department, Legal Services Division, Level 3, Civic Centre, Hartlepool , TS24 8AY ,

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane , Wilmslow, Cheshire , SK9 5AF ,

Kind Regards

Hayley Martin

Constitutional & Administrative Solicitor
Legal Division

No comments:

Post a Comment