Sunday 1 June 2008

Here for the Party

I opened up the UKIP Henley Campaign Office bright and early this morning. Leaflets introducing our candidate have been printed, distribution routes have been planned, briefing notes prepared and a large number of UKIP Activists were expected to descend on the constituency raring to go. I hadn't even got the lights switched on when a dozen people were clamouring for my attention. "We are here for the Party" they explained "What needs doing, how can we help before everyone else arrives?"

I was overwhelmed, this was a fantastic start to the day! I started to explain about leaflets, delivery routes, etc only to be met by blank looks. "You are all UKIP Party members aren't you?" I asked. The puzzled looks disappeared. They were here to help set up for a child's birthday party next door!

No comments:

Post a Comment