Saturday 13 October 2007

The Green Eyed Monster

Jealousy is a terrible thing but I'm afraid I succumbed to it today. As a regular reader of Private Eye I often think "Rotten Boroughs" should feature Hartlepool occasionally. My wish was granted this issue (No:1195) when Geoff Lilley managed to get himself a favourable mention over his expose of Councilors attendances. Reading on I did wonder if my own name would then feature, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) the Eye reserved is scorn for Councilor Hargreaves, who's solution to low levels of Councillor attendance is to stop publishing the figures.

But back to jealousy! Councillor Lilley and I had a good nature competition last year over who could acquire the most BBC Radio Cleveland Breakfast bowls. A competition manged to win by 4 bowls to 2. However, I admit Councillor Lilley is obviously a better man than I, mentioned FAVOURABLY in Private Eye, how can I possibly ever top that!

No comments:

Post a Comment