Monday 17 May 2010

Mind and Body Fair

Conventional wisdom would have us all believe that you can’t teach old dog new tricks. Well since embarking on my second half century on this planet I have decided it’s not totally true.

As a youngster I often held back from new experiences or activities because I was worried about what my family, friends or colleagues might say or think. It might be a bit extreme to say I no longer care about their opinions but it is definitely true that I place much less weight on them these days. I’m much more inclined to give things a go to see if I like them rather than dismiss something out of hand.

It is in this spirit or enquiry that on Sunday I will be going along to a Mind Body and Spirit Fair.

The range of activities on offer includes several that most people will have heard of, like Reiki, Indian Head Massage and Reflexology. There are also some that I needed to refer to the internet to discover more about, like Hopi Ear Candling.
Usually attributed to the Hopi American Indian tribe, an ear candle is a cotton tube, impregnated with beeswax, honey and therapeutic oils, that is lit and placed into the outer ear passage. The candle generates a gentle heat which combines with the therapeutic oils to produces a light suction, known as the chimney principle, which draws impurities gently to the surface, where they can be removed. Each ear is treated in turn, taking about 20 minutes in total. This is followed by a period of relaxation, and sometimes a facial massage concentrating on the sinus areas.

An Aura Photographer is also listed in the program and one of the other guest speakers will be explaining crystal healing and singing.
Nine months struggling with T-Line shorthand to reach approximately 80 words per minute, (while watching the younger members of my class mastering 100 words per minute with apparent ease), have convinced me that my capacity to assimilate new information might indeed be reduced, but my openness to new ideas and concepts is in many ways greater than it was two or three decades ago.

Maybe I’ll see you at the Fair?

Mind Body and Spirit Fair at the Hall Garth Hotel, Darlington.
Sunday 23rd May 2010. 10am - 5pm.
Admission £3.00 (inc.all talks).
For further details contact Sheila: 01287 641931
or email sheila@butterflyhealingspirit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment